Greetings, Pals, In this article, I’ll explain the process of getting cash from an ATM. Although we can all agree that the banking system has undergone significant transformation in response to the information age and the rise in population, we can also agree that getting cash out of a bank still causes us significant inconvenience and wasted time.
Because of how convenient it is to get cash from any bank via an ATM, that is how most of us get our cash. However, many people’s first time withdrawing cash from an ATM is also the first time they’ve ever done so, and they find themselves completely bewildered by the process.
How to Withdraw money from ATM?
Withdrawal of money from ATM is very easy, you just have to follow the steps given below. If you do not have an ATM (Debit) card, you can apply for an ATM card by contacting your nearest bank.
Do not be confused by the fact that I just told you the ATM card is also known as a Debit card. Let’s go into the specifics of cash withdrawals, then.
- You should visit your local bank’s automated teller machine (ATM) to withdraw cash. First, I should mention that the ATM screens vary depending on the institution. But, there exist in fact certain procedures, and eventually every ATM will follow them.
- After you’ve made it to the bank’s ATM, have a look around to check whether it’s crowded.
- A line forms if there are many people waiting (queue).
- while you patiently wait your turn.
- In the meanwhile, have your ATM card (Debit card) ready.
- You should now insert your card into the ATM, as indicated by the green or blue light on the right side of the machine. As shown in the photograph.
- Always use the ATM slot to input the debit card.
- Remember to insert the card so that the golden chip is facing up and front.
- Don’t take out your card until the transaction is finished.
Please be aware that the ATM AI varies from machine to machine. This is why, after finishing a transaction at one ATM, you must immediately withdraw your card from that machine.
Step-3: It’s time for you to choose a language. Choose the language you’re most comfortable with.
- Mini Statement, Account Balance Inquiry, Mobile Banking, Cash Withdrawal, etc. are now available.
- Choose the option that involves a Cash Withdrawal if you need to withdraw cash.
- Choose Your Account Type.
- (Bank Deposit or Checking Account)
- Your Amount is what you’ll put in at Step 5.
- To initiate a withdrawal, just enter the amount you want to withdraw and click the Yes button.
- Withdraw the funds and the ATM card after the transaction is complete. Then halt the whole deal by repeatedly hitting the cancel button. And took his cash and go.
Now that I’ve given you the whole rundown on cash withdrawals, I’ll fill you in on some ATM basics. Read it slowly and carefully as well.
What are the things to be kept in mind while withdrawing money from ATM?
Even if you now know how to withdraw money from an ATM, you still need to be careful to avoid losing money.
Hastily leaving the ATM card in the machine
- Many customers using automated teller machines are in such a rush that they fail to observe basic safety procedures. They believe I can simply tell them to take the money and go home. Never input your PIN for an ATM while anybody is around, and don’t conceal your card number either.
- Never give out your ATM number or four-digit PIN to an unknown person.
not cancel the transaction
People often use ATMs to withdraw cash, but then make off with the money without canceling the transaction. Yet, this is risky since anybody with access to your bank account may make further withdrawals. This is why it is essential to always follow through after canceling a purchase.
Seek help from a stranger
Most people now have access to ATM cards and use them to withdraw cash, but many still lack familiarity with the procedure and need assistance from others while doing so.
But please hear me out; this is something you should never do.
Otherwise, you risk falling prey to scam.
Become comfortable using an ATM on your own or with the support of a family member.
What is the limit for withdrawing money from ATM machine?
The maximum amount that may be withdrawn from an ATM varies from one financial institution to the next. Almost all banks’ ATMs have a daily withdrawal limit of Rs 10,000. Although most ATMs have no restriction, certain institutions have set limits of between fifteen and twenty thousand rupees.
The seven types of clients for whom SBI Bank has issued ATM cards have the following maximum daily withdrawal amounts:
|Debit Card (ATM CARD)||limit/transaction|
|SBI Gold International Debit Card||50 thousand rupees|
|SBI Global International Debit Card||40 thousand rupees|
|SBI In Touch Tap and Go Debit Card||40 thousand rupees|
|SBI My Card International Debit Card||40 thousand rupees|
|SBI Mumbai Metro Combo Card||40 thousand rupees|
|SBI Classic & Maestro Debit Card||20 thousand rupees|
|SBI Platinum International Debit Card||1 lakh rupees|
How much does it cost to withdraw money from ATM machine?
If you withdraw less than the maximum allowed from an ATM, no fees will be assessed. When you withdraw money from an ATM after you’ve reached your free withdrawal limit, fees will be assessed.
The country’s main government and commercial banks have all instituted new regulations for using ATMs to withdraw cash.
Overdraft fees range from INR 20 to INR 22 per transaction.
The fees and requirements of one bank may not be the same as those of another.
How much money can be withdrawn from ATM in a day?
Withdrawing between 20,000 and 1,000,000 rupees from an ATM is a breeze. But, they are not totally reliant on others just yet. It is possible for more to manifest itself.
The regulations of one bank may differ from those of another.
Nonetheless, the total amount of any single UPI transaction can never exceed 1,000,000.
How to withdraw money from ATM using mobile number?
For mobile ATM withdrawals, you’ll need access to online banking and the corresponding mobile app for the bank from where you obtained your ATM card. At that point may funds be withdrawn.
The SBI YONO app may be used at any ATM operated by State Bank of India.
Read also: Ways to Check Airtel Net Balance
How to use ATM for the first time?
If you’re withdrawing money from an ATM for the first time, we recommend reading the provided material in its entirety or consulting with a member of your immediate family who is familiar with the process.
How much does ATM charge in 1 year?
ATM cards cost between Rs 125 and Rs 350 in annual fees. In addition, debit card activation and replacement fees cost between Rs.300 and Rs.500.
What is the full form of ATM?
Automatic Teller Machine is the extended version of the acronym. It is available to its clientele around the clock.